Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thanks to Robinson Crusoe, I got everything done by Friday!

Well, almost. At least I got the first border of Autumn Harvest done. And I learned that the houses are called 'Schoolhouse' blocks. Next comes the flying geese borders that are already half pieced.
And then there are all the other projects I am working on. This blog thing motivated me to work diligently on my little quilt, so maybe by posting pictures of the other projects, I will make some progress on that front as well. Besides, Dee will love to see the progress on this one.






These are the three blocks I have completed for the quilt that will grace our guestroom here at the cabin. It is from Kim Diehl's book, Simple Comforts. Only one more to go, and the background units are already cut and ready to piece together.

This quilt is awaiting the final border. It is from the charming book Remembering Adelia by Kathleen Tracy.



Friday will take me to the Durango quilt shop as a reward for finishing the first border on the little Autumn Harvest quilt. They don't have much in the way of reproduction fabrics, but they have a yummy collection of batiks. I don't usually work in batiks, but I am making a scenic art quilt that uses them. We'll also visit some antique shops and perhaps be fortunate enough to find some antique quilts. I would love to own one like the ones Taryn shares. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful qiults! Kristine and I are making the house blocks, too. There are so many quilty viruses around, even I feel a very bad one blowing from Colorado!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl - Glad you left me a comment so I could find you! Love all the projects you have 'in flight'. I'll be stopping back to track progress.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your sure did finish! All of your projects are beautiful--thanks for sharing, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...