Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bounding to the finish line!


The problem with actually finishing a quilt top is that it eventually comes back from the quilter, and then you have to complete the process and bind it. Over the last week, I have bound 2 Schnibbles quilts for the shoppe, my Kathy Tracy challenge quilt, and my Ladder to Success-Version 1.2 quilt for the cover of my new pattern. My little fingers are sore! It is too hot to wear a thimble. Hopefully, the pattern will be available at the shoppe in a week or so. It has to go to the graphic designer/printer first--aka, my daughter.

I borrowed an idea from Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. and incorporated my label into the quilt back. Not only do I think this is attractive, but a more secure method of labeling our works of art. Now it will be very difficult for anyone to remove the label and claim it as their own! Carrie displays her quilts at the Old Worlde Quilt Shoppe where I teach, and we always enjoy flipping the quilts over and seeing what quote or verse she has added to her label.

And our Ms. Daphne has given the quilt her stamp of approval. Really, I think she does this so I will rub her belly.

The next picture is for those of you who do not live in the Sonoran Desert. While in CO, I treated you to the wildflowers. It isn't wildflower season here, but we still have our wild things. This handsome fella brought his family shopping for good eats in the wash behind my home. When I snapped his photo, he barked at me and the rest of the family, including some very cute little ones, scurried off into the cover of the dense,desert foliage. All baby animals are cute, even Javelinas!

Don't worry. The only reason I got so close to him is that our rod iron fence stood between us!

4 comments:

  1. this jacobs's ladder is just beautiful, Cheryl!
    and the Javeline momma is just a tad scary- but have to agree, the babies look kinda cute, even knowing what they will grow up to be.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous, Cheryl. I really like the border fabric you selected for it. I've never seen a javelina before! It sort of looks like a little wild pig!
    Kimber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous, I love the blue and brown fabrics you picked. You did a wonderful job. I've never seen a creature like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colour choice. The quilt looks great.I would not want to come across a javelina. They look fierce.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...