Sunday, August 1, 2010

Market Bag


While surfing blog sites, I came across the cutest strawberry market bag made by Lucy. Check out her blog and see her antique singer sewing machine! I thought you all might also like to see the bag my daughter made. It is my favorite one of all the bags we have made (doing my part to reduce my carbon footprint!) The flowers are from my garden. I am pretending to be a gardener and farmer this summer. Saturday morning found me assisting in the pollination of my pumpkin plants while the female flowers were 'available.' You can learn some pretty amazing things when you google! Hopefully, we will have a prize winning pumpkin or two at the end of the summer. I love pumpkins and all things fall!

Yes, we made it to the Durango Quilt Co. to purchase batiks and this is what my daughter made with hers. The pattern is High Spy by McKenna Ryan. My husband and her will make a frame for it while I quilt it. I'm doing one of her patterns as well, but I am only partial finished with a couple of blocks.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love your bag!!! Is there a pattern someplace? This bag may need to be living at my house :)
    thanks!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...