Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hot Off the Presses!

 I made this little table runner for my daughter last evening from the pattern, Little Charmers II by Anka's Treasures. What fun to work outside my normal box!
Her decorating theme is 'Florida' style, using aqua's, flamingo pinks and lime greens.
A big scuba diving nut!
Her vignette will have urchin votives and white corals mixed in with orchids.
So much fun to see my daughter develop her own style. 
The runner is a 'thank you' for working so hard to print the first 6 copies of my manual. It is 74 pages long and packed full of her wonderful illustrations.
It took us well over 5 hours to accomplish and I still have to bind them.
Quite a learning experience! We discovered that there will be very little profit margin and now understand why people send their printing projects to China.
A few heads got together and we are working on turning the document into an electronic product.
We'll see what we come up with. 
I added two new books to my collection yesterday. Just Plain Nuts came via the post and I could not be more disappointed. Just lots of drawings of blocks with no cutting instructions, no individual colored pictures of the blocks, nothing! I'll keep it as a resource for drafting blocks, but I withdrew from the JPN yahoo group that makes the blocks as a BOW.
On the other hand, Kim Diehl never fails to impress me.  Her innovative and creative designs delight me to no end and I bought the fabrics to make the quilt seen in the next photo.

The color scheme will make it one quilt I can actually use to decorate my home here in the southwest. There is just too much temptation out there!

Wish me luck!
I am off to play tennis and hope both the weather and my opponents cooperate in giving me my first win of the season!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your manual! Great idea on also making an electronic version. Judging from the cover and Bittersweet Briar quilt page, it looks like the new Kim Diehl book is another winner. Speaking of winners, hope your tennis game went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on the new Kim Diehl books. I have her others and a few of her quilts...that others made me! Oh yes...they borrow my books and make me the quilt...not a bad deal is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to the new Kim Diehl book too! You're right about her never failing to impress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see that your manual project has come to fruition . Despite the cost factor you must be very proud and pleased. I am not familiar with Kim Diehl's work, will have to look it up ...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have a look at Kim's new book. Thanks for letting me know she has one. The quilt you will be making looks beautiful.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. l will be keeping an eye out for Kim's new book in Houston.
    l must have missed the info about your manual. Can you tell me more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have missed the info on your manual also. Tell us more please! Love the runner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...