Saturday, December 11, 2010

If one is good...

...two is better!
I made another candle mat, this time using pinwheels.
I never do the same thing twice. 
This one is larger, and more appropriately sized for my snowgirl vignette!
My daughter actually loved the original and absconded with it.
The best part was binding it using my 'custom' binding clips from Merumo.
Aren't they just adorable!

I may have to make yet a third little quilted mat!
I think Kathie's original design is the best, only this time my finished HST's may be 1/2" instead of 1".
This guy needs a rug.
Found the frame on my road trip with the girls on Friday.
Perfect for my needlepunch project from Brenda Gervais.

And now I can share another mug rug.
This vegetable themed one went to a very dear quilting friend, Lin, as a Christmas gift.
I know she enjoys a cuppa joe each morning as she surfs blogland, and
I hope this mug and rug will be put to good use!

12 comments:

  1. The pinwheels look great in that little quilt too. It would make a lovely pair with the hst quilt.
    Lucky you, those custom binding clips are gorgeous and you could put them in your hair in between quilts!
    Your posts are always so motivating, they show so many new and varied projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to begin... they are ALL so very nice. Love the vegie mug rug!
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...you have been wonderfully busy this week!
    I really LOVE this little pinwheel quilt!

    Those binding clips are REALLY CUTE!

    I'm sure your friend is going to love the veggie mug rug too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, another cute tiny one.

    The mug rug is sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are both so cute and clips too, all in the mood of Christmans!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable for sure! And good that your daughter liked something that you made. My daughter & I have different taste and quite often she does not care for my quilts. I make her some to her taste, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little clips are darling that Merumo gave you! You have been a busy elf! What fun you have been having!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl, your candle mat is adorable! Love it!!! I will have to copy it someday...thanks for sharing! How big are your pinwheel blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute mug rug! I love the vegetable theme!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little candle mats! You are inspiring my to make one. I better hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sure is looking festive around your home. The candle mats and snowgirls really go well together. What a lucky friend to get that creative mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your pinwheel quilt and your choice of colors ! That mug mat is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...