Friday, February 11, 2011

1880 Barbara Bucher Snyder Sample Quilt Update

The instructions for another block posted this morning over at my 1880 Sampler Quilt blog.
You can find the link button on my sidebar.

Several quilters who are playing along with me have sent me pictures of their progress.
These are Bettina's latest blocks.  She has them done practically before I finish getting them posted!
Satu in Finland is keeping on track.

And Doreen made two this week to get caught up.

I made 3 more blocks this week, but only 2 are keepers. 
I'm busy finishing up siggy blocks.
All my quilts should be coming home from the quilter's in the next few days, so panic is starting to set in.
Deadlines are looming.
I am going to give Jean Wells' trick of using grosgrain in the binding so my show quilts will hang nicely.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
Bindings have never been my strong suit!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks from many talented quilters. Busy days for you. Don't forget to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bettina's and Doreen's blocks came out gorgeous. What nice piecing they did. Congrats on making 3 blocks your self. How excting to be receiving all of your quilts back from the quilter. Looking forward to seeing them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks Cheryl. How exciting to be getting your quilts back from the long-armer! My favourite job is doing the binding, it meams it's nearly all done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks! I look forward to seeing your completed quilts. I've not heard of the grosgrain in the binding. Curious to what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be pleased to see the work that others have done on the patterns that you have prepared.
    Those deadlines are like dark shadows hanging over one's head but when they are met, what a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks! Please share about the bindings - not my strong point either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks! I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...