Friday, May 20, 2011

A little FMQ fun

We had a refreshing rain storm blow in this week, so our trek north was postponed until next week.  I took advantage of the extra time to finish my doll quilt for Nicky.
Then I had some fun with some free motion machine quilting.  I still do my quilting on my old Bernina 1090 without the luxury of stitch control.  A fabulous quilting teacher at TOWQS named Carol set me free last year when it comes to free motion quilting.  Nothing is marked...I just start drawing...true to the method Carol taught us.
It will be hard to part with this quilt!

Also managed to finish printing and packaging 25 copies of my pattern.
One is on its way to Ann Seely, whose quilt was my inspiration, and three are already off to customers.  The rest will be available at TOWQS after I deliver them today.  I had a wonderful response to the quilt with many requests for the pattern. 
Wish me luck!

Speaking of patterns...I did a little piecing for a local designer and the quilt I helped her with made its debut at Quilt Market.  I am hoping to share it with you soon. 

11 comments:

  1. OMG! Your quilting is spectacular!! I sure wish I could take lessons from Carol. I don't think you should give up that little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting looks fabulous! Cute pattern, I love houses in quilts. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Goodness Cheryl! your free-motion quilting is just wonderful, you are very skilled indeed!!! What does the other side look like??
    Congratulations on your new pattern. I wish you every success with your future designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting and your patterns look great, did you do the cover design?
    I have a number of patterns I would like to publish, but getting them looking good is not so easy.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the pattern - what a beautiful quilt! Your quilting is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on YOUR pattern... it looks wonderful too! But wow the quilting is great! Wish I could sit with Carol for awhile.. although I'm happy with my efforts... for a beginner that is! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Autumn's Bounty is stunning. It should sell very well. Good luck!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, you must be so proud to see your pattern in print.
    Have fun with the quilting and enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your pattern design of Autumn's Bounty--- I am sure this pattern and future patterns you design will be very successful!

    Your free motion quilting is wonderful nicely done! I should take lessons from Carol too!

    Hope you are having a fun long weekend.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this pattern. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could I still buy this pattern? I know it came out 15 years ago but I'm praying I can still make it. It's gorgeous! Just bought the first 2 issues of this pattern at the thrift store. Could you please help ,e? Thank you, Amie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...