Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Simple and Satisfying Saturday!

I just love a day like today. 
Watched a tennis match between my two favorites stars, Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal (lounging in my pajamas until 10am!)
Then played a little game myself called...
Catch Up.
Now I am only 2 blocks shy of being up-to-date with my Civil War BOW.
Fort Sumtner is my favorite block so far; but now I want to go back and remake some of the other blocks to be as dramatic in color.  I always do this in a sampler quilt project, but I am going to follow my own advice and just wait until the end and see how they all work together.
Wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day. 

13 comments:

  1. Sure don't see anything there that needs redone. Love your fabric choices. Think I'll borrow your cartoon. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blocks, Cheryl. Perfect fabric combinations. Would you kit the blocks for me? teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you have chosen. I wish I could say I was only two blocks behind. I keep changing my mind about colors and fabrics. One of these days, I will settle on something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are wonderful!! I just love your fabric stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have chosen your fabrics very well Cheryl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the fabrics are great - don't redo them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish on those blocks. They look awesome. I need to play a little 'catch up', too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabrics! Love that cartoon...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning block, Cheryl. And I agree, wait to decide if you should redo any of the others. I love the 5 you show in this post. You have great color sense. Love the comic - happy mothers day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all such beautiful blocks!
    Congratulations on getting so many done this week! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blocks Cheryl, the Richmond block is my favourite.
    Yours will all look wonderful together. I have only made 6 blocks but managed a remake on one of them which makes 7.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful blocks! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your catch-up game went well! Your Civil War BOM blocks are wonderful. I can see why the Fort Sumter block is your favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...