Saturday, October 1, 2011

Autumn Wools

Designed by Cheri Payne for Quilts by Cheri
My version is only 8" x 8". 
The log cabin blocks are 2 1/2" finished...I like miniatures! 
I knew I could not stay on task!!
Besides, I can take this as handwork on my plane ride.
That is my story and I am sticking with it.
The pattern can be found in the Fall 2011 issue of
'Primitive Quilts and Projects.'

So far, I have 4 bloggers (Terry, Gloria, Robyn of Robyn's Nest and Mary) for my giveaway that are non-reply commenters.  If you did not receive a reply wishing you luck in the drawing, you are not entered.  Go back in to the comment section and add your email address.
Good luck to everyone~Cheryl

15 comments:

Sue said...

Oh I love this one in the magazine. It's one on my list of things to start this week.

Yours is really pretty :)

Quilt Hollow said...

I have the magazine and do love your mini version!! Did you make two by chance? LOL (a girl can wish!)

Page 8 said...

very cute, bring along today

Lori said...

It is so sweet!! Nice job!

Maureen said...

So cute! Love the little log cabin in the background.

Karen said...

I keep forgetting about Cheri's pattern in the magazine. I have got to get the magazine back out. You have reminded me.

terry said...

Am I the Terry you are referring to? If so I hope this post works.

Congrats on your 200 posts. By the way your Cheri miniture is darling. Here's hoping.

Terry

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Oh that is adorable! I love mini's too. I haven't seen that magazine around here~ now I'll need to make a trip to B&N! ;) Have a happy day!

Denise said...

Nice!! One of my favorites in this magazine.

Carla said...

I really love that block. I also love minatures, and have done a log cabin mini using paper piecing, never thought about adding wool applique on top of it, what a great idea!

Carin said...

Thats very beautiful !

Darlene said...

Cute project, Cheryl.

Lisa said...

Cheryl, this is wonderful! I almost picked up this issue. I guess I need to go back and get it. Those log cabins are too cute!

Wendy said...

I wouldn't have guessed by the picture that you reduced the pattern, very sweet. I love mini quilts too

libbyquilter said...

love your version~!!~ and what a challenge those tiny log cabin blocks must have been~!

it just so happens that i posted about Primitive Quilts and Project in todays post. a great magazine that i have enjoyed enough to resubscribe to.

:-)
libbyQ