It's A Grand Old Flag is an official finish.
As I was putting on the binding, I noticed the machine quilter had missed one of the leaves. Then I noticed she was not the only one...
I had not blanket stitched around 4 of the red stars!
I had a good laugh and will try to correct my error...some day.
Anna, over at The Woolie Mammoth, came up with a great motivational idea...Blockheads.
I don't know all the details, but I decided to use her idea to help me finish up some WIPs.
If I understand the approach correctly, once a month I will work on just one block each from the projects I want to complete. So my projects are Le Jardin, my red and white quilt and the hexie quilt.
Here is my progress.
I am doing them in a strange order, AND I made a mistake on this one too. After I had the house appliqued down, I figured out I had cut the background the wrong size. No way was I going to start over, so I cut the side strip a little wider. Hopefully, I will not notice it too much.
Wish I had drafted this one as a full size quilt. I will finish it off with a wide solid border of either the red or the white and applique some birds and berries on it. Like Le Jardin, it is definitely a long term project. Working in just two colors and repeating the same block over and over again is not my favorite type of piecing!
Unfortunately, I did not get a hexie block made today. Ah, but the month is young!