Monday, February 10, 2014

Collaboration

The quilt shop where I teach is launching a new blog.
Please take a peek!
Lisa Bongean, of Primitive Gatherings, recently taught at the shoppe and my friend, Cheryl A., took her class, Homegrown.
Cheryl used her Sashiko machine to quilt her project.

She did an awesome job!

The shoppe will be offering Lisa's new BOM, Words to Live By.
For more info, go here.
It was so beautiful to see in person!

I am also excited to announce that the shoppe will be offering
 Kim Diehl's Simple Whatnots Club.
I will be signing up!

Now for the collaboration part...I will be designing their first quilt along project,
Easter Baskets.
I would love it if you joined me!
To help launch their new blog,
I will be giving away a kit for the project.
Check back later for more details.

In the meantime,
check out The Olde World Quilt Shoppe here.
In 2009, they were featured in the BHG Sampler Magazine as a top ten quilt shop.
They specialize in reproduction fabrics, homespuns, flannel and wool.


This month is going by way too quickly!
 I need to get to work on my monthly goals!!!



9 comments:

  1. This all sounds so good. Wish we lived in the same area so I could join you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Shoppe, wish I lived close by! Words to Live By is a gorgeous BOM, lots of HSTs! Looking forward to your Easter Basket QAL! I can see I'll be getting into trouble :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shoppe! I wished I could join the group too! I look forward to seeing your "Easter Basket", too....I'm sure I will be in more trouble than I already am!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sashiko machine sure does beautiful work! Might have to check that out! Wonderful news about the new blog! Wish I lived closer so I could visit the shop in person. You are so lucky to have such a neat shop nearby. I look forward to hearing more about your upcoming design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Lisa's post about the project and thought it might be you.
    This might be my only chance to sew along with you across the water. Will definitely pop into the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be watching the new blog, looks like my kind of quilt shop. I look forward to seeing your new blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful shop ! Thanks for sharing their new blog ! I just love the wool applique with the white flowers and flag with the little star :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that quilt shop name from the magazine but not that they specialized in a style of fabric.

    The sashiko machine quilting looks so very good. Have you played with yours any more?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks so beautiful with the sashiko quilting you did on it! Thanks for sharing that new blog link with us too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...