Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Several Road Trips!

Two distractions have kept me from achieving my monthly goals...new inspiration and lots of road trips. Besides travelling to Napa to help my Mom move, I have been to Nevada for a baby shower and now I am headed to Missouri for a family wedding.  My granddaughter will be a flower girl and I cannot wait to see how that will turn out!  

The AMB road trip is on a roll. Here are my collages of the recent blocks.  

Such variety and creativity.  Here are the links for the bloggers:

Kentucky is at Simply Sandy and she has some Jim Beam in her prize package!


Heather of Olive and Ollie  made the Ohio star block.

Mary of Fleur de Lis Quilts designed the Louisiana block.

Sarah of No Hats in the House got creative when she made the Indiana block.

Julia made several versions of her Mississippi block before the final design, which can be found at Life as a Quilter.

Connecticut can be found at Jump Cut Arts.

Finally, Missouri was designed by Jenifer over at 42 Quilts.

You can see the Maine block with a great lobster at Quilts of Love and the Illinois block with its prairie points at the Sentimental Quilter.

Since I will be away for awhile, these are my last collages of the blocks.  You can find a list of the bloggers over at the AMB site.

Oh, and that new inspiration...better known as distraction!
Kim Diehl's new book, Simple Appeal, has made it into my collection and I have started both 'Lunch Box Social' and 'Penny Garland.'  Nothing better than a new project.  I'll post pictures when I have made more progress.  One is a pieced project and the other is all wool applique (a take along project for travelling!)

4 comments:

  1. You have been traveling alot. Should be alot of fun watching your grand daughter be a flower girl in the wedding .

    So fun to see all of these different flag quilts, looking forward to seeing yours

    Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing your new projects. stay safe while doing all of that traveling and have a good time.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy as always, enjoy your travels.
    No surprise that Kim's new book is in your possession. Whenever I see any of her work I always think "oh so many quilts and so little time".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new Kim book made it onto my shelves too. I think I have all of her books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...