Thursday, July 19, 2018

Progress

The third block of Yoko Saito's Floral Bouquet wall hanging is all prepped. 
I am on schedule since this is my August goal!


Mostly finished with these two blocks...
just missing a few design elements that hopefully are on their way.
These are 2 of a series of 5 patterns by a new artist/designer, Alison Lang.
 Alison is a fibre artist and you can view her work here....www.alisonlangartist.com.
 Her series of bird designs, done in wool applique, will be an exclusive series at TOWQS.
 Look for her patterns to be released in the fall of 2018. She makes art quilts, dolls, art sculpture birds, tableaus that resemble New Mexican tin work, collages, and art books. In recent years, her work has been on display at the Nuveen Galley in Whitehall, MI, and won best of show for a wool applique.

We are headed to Switzerland soon for another outdoor adventure with my sister and brother-in-law.
 I have been training some, but not enough. Wish me luck!
I'll take handwork for the long flights, 
so I should have more to show when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...