Friday, July 6, 2018

Spooky!

It is spooky how motivating blogging can be.
Less than a week ago I declared I would finish this one and 
ta-dah, albeit I only had one more block to fuse and stitch.
But  now a UFO is a flimsy!
Needs some buttons added when I get home and then off to the quilter.
Merrie Halloween by Buttermilk Basin. 

Finished 2 out of 3 panels of my Halloween Campers, 
also by Buttermilk Basin.
Changed the design of this one a tad...
it will hang vertically instead of being a long runner.
Unfortunately, it will not get finished while I am at the cabin.
I did not bring enough of the lime green wool with me.

We are headed to the Rocky Mountains for a week so I prepped some handwork to take along.
Once I stitch it down with wool thread, lots of fun embellishing will be added.
This will be bordered with fall fabrics and become a runner, 
again, designed by Buttermilk Basin.

Enough work on UFOs!
On to a new project...City Bucket and this is my first block.
Ran out of Plum Marmalade thread, so I will have to finish the bullion knots when more arrives.
I bought the pattern for this 2 years ago while at market from
Amy McClellan of American Quilting in Orem, Utah.
She calls it her 'Market Bucket.'
Then I saw this photo on Pinterest.
Apparently, Kerry Green was the original designer
 and I love the bright fabrics and contemporary designs she used, 
so that is how I will make mine. 
She graciously shared her original drawings of the 'little blocks' used in her City Bucket.
 I will use a combination of both her designs and Amy's for my bucket.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...