Thursday, October 5, 2017

Surprise! A Post

Finished this darling table runner this week.
It will be a gift for my grandson who loves all things Halloween.
His favorite song to sing is 'This is Halloween' from Tim Burton's movie The Nightmare before Christmas. It is so cute to hear him sing it with his 3 year old voice and pronunciations.

Also finished this small quilt from Edyta Sitar's Book, Little Handful of Scraps.
So much fun to put scraps of favorite fabrics together! I love the secondary chevron pattern created by off-setting the hourglass units.

Perfecting my wool dyeing skills.
Part of this weekends pots.
Off to fire up the pots right now and work on another little quilt.
I do love my small scale piecing projects!

Next week I am off to San Diego for a family vacation....both my children and both sets of grands. Jaxson and I will celebrate our birthdays together at Sea World. Perfect celebration for a 3 year old and a 64 year old....will make me feel young again.

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Ah, Cheryl, I believe I remember you. LOL
So good to hear from you again!
What a cute story about the Autumn runner and your grandson.
Love the little quilt! I have that book--I need to put that one on my list--somewhere. :)
Your wool is so pretty! What dyes are you using? Have I asked you that before? Seems like I have, but I don't recall the answer.
Enjoy your trip!!

Kyle said...

What a wonderful wool fall table runner. I love hearing little kids sing. Edyta's patterns from that book definitely uses small little scraps. I have the book as well. I need to look at it again. Have a wonderful birthday celebrations!

diane s said...

Hi Cheryl, so glad to see you blogging again! Have followed your blog for many years! I also love small quilts with reproduction fabrics. Always have loved your color choices and your small quilts. Your trip looks wonderful.