Saturday, August 22, 2015

Summer finale!

 As the summer draws to a close,
I have some progress to share.
Farm Girl Finery,
designed by Kim Diehl,
is a flimsy,

Last summer I signed up for Primitive Gatherings BOW, Sunflower Gatherings.  As the packages started arriving, it became obvious to me I had bit off more than I could chew.  
Finally, this summer, I have my abbreviated version pieced.
I am still debating on a border treatment. 
I certainly have plenty of fabrics and wool left over, but they can go in the stash.
My inclination is to leave it as is.
It will be a great wall hanging at the cabin, where I do all my flower gardening.


I did have a small finish...
the September Buttermilk Basin Banner.
I love anything with pumpkins!
My granddaughter helped me plant a garden this summer 
and some of the only survivors are the pumpkins! 
 I will have at least 2 dozen of them in October,
if the hail storm that is currently passing over does not beat them up too badly.
Pesky chipmunks feasted on my carrots, green beans and spinach.
They even ate the jalapeno pepper plant.
I think they snickered at me while I weeded and watered my 'organic' garden.
It was entertaining to watch a row of carrots disappear each night.

We will be heading home soon, so I know this is all the progress I will make on the UFOs and WIPs I brought up with me. Not bad, 3 out of 5 completed.  
Hope you all had a great summer.
Now for fall...
my favorite time of year!

20 comments:

  1. They are wonderful Cheryl. I don't which one I prefer they are so fantastic all of them. Very well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love each and every project, Cheryl!
    I actually abbreviated one of my Primitive Gatherings projects this year. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. : )
    Only pumpkins after all that work? Maddening! I didn't plant a garden this year for the first time in about 30 years, and as much as I have been traveling about this summer, it was probably a good thing.
    I love pumpkin projects, too. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Farmgirl Finery is gorgeous. I love the colors and I especially like the circles in the centers of the stars. Well done! The other finishes are just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all ! You were very productive .

    Our vegetable gardens were eaten by the squirrels this summer. I have never seen squirrels eat tomatoes before Yikes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes Cheryl. Don't belittle the progress you have made. Sewing is supposed to be fun (well for us anyways), so just enjoy. What a shame those critters destroyed your hard work in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt finishes make a grand finale. Sorry about your garden, but hopefully the pumpkins will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl your quilts are beautiful. I too am fond of pumpkins. Autumn is my favorite time of year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work and a productive holiday period. Glad you were able to feed the local fauna, I am sure that they appreciated your gardening efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a wonderful summer, spent with a Kim Diehl project and the Buttermilk Basin banner is the perfect step into fall. Love your abbreviated Sunflower Gatherings, especially the center. Didn't know chipmunks had a taste for peppers! Happy trails

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made some progress! What a beautiful pumpkin! I'm so tempted to get mine out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your work is so beautiful. You got a lot done while enjoying your summer! Miss you in Arizona! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love them all! I need to get out my Kim Diehl books and just browse, they are all just full of projects that I want to make! Your is just gorgeous - love it! And as for the SBOW...I'm still working on mine from last year, but I am on the LAST block. It has once again been set aside for other projects with a deadline, but I WILL get it done some day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, I love them all! I need to get out my Kim Diehl books and just browse, they are all just full of projects that I want to make! Your is just gorgeous - love it! And as for the SBOW...I'm still working on mine from last year, but I am on the LAST block. It has once again been set aside for other projects with a deadline, but I WILL get it done some day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what wonderful projects - such eye candy for us all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think Kim Diehl has designed anything I don't like! Love your quilt and the following projects! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love every single one! Nice summer of stitchin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a very productive summer sewing!
    I love all your projects.
    Farm Girl Finery and Sunflower Gatherings are both stunning.

    sorry to hear of your garden pests, crossing my fingers your pumpkins keep.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Farm Girl is a very good design and well done by you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilts! I love the designs and the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...