Saturday, June 30, 2018

Summer is Stitching Time

We are back in the mountains for the summer, 
so I am not working at the shoppe and have more time to work on my projects. 
 It is my goal to not only blog a couple of times, 
but to actually get some of my UFO's finished. 
Of course, I started the summer with a few new projects.
 I have actually completed one...
'When I Am With You, I am Home'
by 1894 Cottonwood House.
I am not a prim girl,
 but there is something about this designer's stuff that appeals to me.
And I love the title of this one, that just happens to be in my favorite fall colors!

But let me digress.
The first project I worked on was to complete the blocks for my Solstice Dreams quilt designed by Kerry Green. These are some of my favorite ones:






I think I like making the insects the best!
And yes, as my granddaughter points out, the birds need their eyes still.
We will be doing this as a BOM at TOWQS this coming fall.
I have dyed all the wool for it and
I have certainly learned tons of embroidery stitches!
Which, by the way, I swore I was not going to get into.

And yes, this is another 'lifetime' quilt in it's infancy...

from Yoko Saito's book, Bouquet of Flowers,
these are the January and April blocks of 
'Vases of Flowers Wall Quilt.'
A few gals at the shoppe are joining me for this adventure, 
so I might get it done in a year! 
I am converting the cm measurements into inches for everyone, 
so I am motivated to keep current.
Unlike the original, we are combining both cotton and wool for the applique. 
I think I could make every project in this book.
If only there were stitching elves!

One of the first UFOs I plan to finish is Buttermilk Basin's Merrie Halloween. 
It is another one that has just one more block to make before it is done.
You know I will start some new things along the way,
 but I hope to have a picture of this finished project the next time I post.

I don't believe anyone can comment on this post anymore with the new blogger setup,
but I appreciate you stopping by to read it.
If you feel compelled to comment or have a question,
you can email me at fatesdesigns@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...