Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The End of Summer!

As our summer in the mountains draws to a close, 
I am satisfied with the progress I have made on the projects I brought up to finish. 
First is the inner portion of my Solstice Dreams quilt, 
designed by Kerry Green.
I am excited to finish this one because she is releasing a new design soon!

Then there is my Crimson Tweed wall hanging,
designed by Sue Spargo.
They both need their borders,
so I guess I cannot really call them finishes just yet;
but getting them to this point was my summer goal.

Now this one is a real finish,
 A Sign of Christmas, designed by Cricket Street Wool.
That plaited wool border was a real challenge!

I am also current on my Vases of Flowers quilt by Yoko Saito.
Even September's block is already appliqued down. 
Just need to do the embroidery work.

This coming weekend we will be packing up and heading back home to AZ...
AND THE HEAT!
Not looking forward to that part,
but I cannot wait to hug my babies.
A new baby is due Oct. 2nd! 
I used to lament my lack of grandchildren 
and now I will have 5.
Since I am celebrating my Medicare birthday this year, 
 I hope I will have the energy for them all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...