Monday, November 2, 2020

The Circle of Life

 My longarm machine is in its new home. 
I named her Wanda Joy, after my mother.
This used to be her bedroom when she would come to visit.
My next goal is put a few pictures I inherited from her on the walls.
She loved modern art and had the most eclectic collection.

Right now, I am just learning how to load the machine and do edge to edge quilting.
I pieced some simple quilt tops and will donate them to LINUS...a good way to use up stash.

I plan to take some classes soon on free motion quilting and ruler work.
This edge to edge stuff is very useful,
but I feel more like a computer operator than a quilter.

Still embroidering...
6 of 9 Squash Squad blocks.
I am so thankful for projects like these on social media.
Without them, I think the anxiety and isolation would overwhelm me.

I said goodbye to my mother this year and 
welcomed another grandchild.
The circle of life.












4 comments:

  1. I love how you are keeping your mother in your quilting. What a beautiful picture of the grandkids. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Mother. I have been thinking about a long arm myself. Love your LINUS quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun to follow your long arm quilting journey. Practicing is what it's all about, although I don't speak from LAQ myself😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks like a great home for your longarm. I think you will enjoy free motion when you get comfortable with it, but edge-to-edge definitely comes in handy.
    The Squash Squad blocks are really fun.
    Bittersweet to lose a loved one and gain one to love in the same year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...