Monday, January 4, 2021

First Flimsy of 2021

 During the break between Christmas and New Year's, 
I finished a quilt I started almost 7 years ago.

This is Gather Around by Debbie Roberts.
It was fun to revisit some of the fabrics I used from my extensive reproduction fabric stash.
My motivation was to be able to quilt it!

Like everyone,
my goal for this year is to work on finishing some things and de-stash,
just like every year!
But, I am off to a good start.

My reward...I get to start a new quilt for my granddaughter.
    A very modern quilt that will have lots of open space for quilting. 
Diamonds on Display
by Quiltachusetts.

I am happy to report that I found a home for my charity quilts.
Our local Presbyterian Church sponsors a homeless shelter 
and, no surprise, they have had a huge increase in homeless families.
So my second goal is to piece at least 1 quilt to donate each month
 and to quilt all the flimsies my friends bring me for donation.

Haven't figured out which UFO will be next.
I have so many to choose from.
But my promise to myself is to use up my stash in whatever way I can.
I don't want to say I am a hoarder,
but it has gotten to be ridiculous! 

And last, but certainly not least,


my little loves.



6 comments:

  1. Your reproduction quilt is just beautiful! I love the applique...so pretty1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished UFO is gorgeous! Love those deep,warm colors.
    And I am fascinated with how the shading of fabrics on the diamonds actually creates dimension.
    What a cute photo of the grands--love the little feet in those character slippers. And a baby to love--the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our homeless population has risen this year as well. Our local churches sponsor a warming shelter and capacity is limited because of covid. I know your quilts will be used and rteasured.
    Love your babies!! Great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Gather Around quilt hanging in my quilt room. Love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely way to start the new year. It's gorgeous! The little ones are adorable. All the best for the new year. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are off to a fabulous start! I'm right with you on the destashing. I've got a long way to go. LOL It sounds like you will have lots of fun practicing your quilting for a very good cause. Sweet holiday photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...