Tuesday, October 21, 2014

This and That

So much for will power!
Looks like those WIPs will go back in the infamous closet for awhile.
I have been busy with new projects, which will come to no surprise to those who know how easily I am tempted...the samples for the
Petite Patchwork Club at TOWQS.
Here is the October mini:
And here is the November mini:

Both quilts are from the patterns, QUILT SQUARES, by Lori Smith.
If you want info on the club,
go  to www.theoldeworldquiltshoppe.com.
It was so fun to do some small scale piecing again! 

With a little bit of help for a wonderful stitcher,
the November banner for the Basin Banners Thru the Year Club is also done and hanging in the shoppe.

Next up are the new BOM programs we have planned.  I'll be back with them as I make progress. I am especially excited about the Farm Girl Finery quilt, designed by Kim Diehl and appearing in her new book, Simple Appeal.

I am keeping up with my little letters though!
I have motivation. I need a baby quilt.
My grandson was born the day after my birthday.

What a wonderful present!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cheryl ! Your grandson is SO precious !

    Love all of your new projects !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I with you I have no willpower. Love all the projects you showed. The letter quilt will be a wonderful quilt for such a sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new grand baby and a belated Happy Birthday!
    Those minis are so pretty. I especially love the acorn applique. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little quilts! Lori has some wonderful patterns for little pieces.
    What a delightful birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your minis and the banner, and such a gorgeous grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the banner with the pumpkin and Pilgrim hat.
    I am easily tempted too so join the club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your grandson and to the new parents too. Hope everyone is well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the safe arrival of another family member. A beautiful photo.
    Don't worry about the WIPs, they won't go away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! what a sweet baby boy!
    Your thanksgiving banner is wonderful.
    cute mini patterns

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Congratulations! Love the picture!!
    Adore the petit quilts and pilgrim pumpkin banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on a grand! I'm so envious of you! You got many of us commenters with the pilgrim pumpkin banner..it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Lori Smith quilts! And a new grandbaby! That is the best, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...