Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Geese have landed...all 92 of them!

The geese are finished! Yippy! I love the look of the quilt so far. Now the challenge, I mean fun, begins with designing the borders. Thanks to clip art, I just might be able to design some folk art applique. I will include sunflowers, which are everywhere here right now, pumpkins, crows and of course, eggplant! I may have to change the border fabric so that my wool will 'pop,' but I am headed to AZ this coming week and can visit my favorite store!

I am living up to my reputation! I have started another quilt project, but just a little mini! I have joined Kathleen Tracy's yahoo group and decided to do the challenge quilt. Her theme is romance and the blocks are sawtooth stars. First, I had to find fabric that was 'romantic.' When I made the first block, it was too large for my liking, so I drafted them to finish as 4" blocks instead of 5". That way I can set them on point and still meet her size restrictions. My plan is to donate it to the small quilt auction at the AQG show. Here are the first two blocks and my fabric choices.

For those of you who saw last nights blog, I obviously solved my own problem and I'm back in blog heaven. Hopefully, my daughter will finish piecing a Schnibbles pattern she is working on and I will share all the ones I have made with you next time.
Until then...


  1. Autumn Harvest is beautiful. Sorry to hear about your husband. Drive safely.

  2. Your Autumn Harvest is coming along beautifully ~ I love the applique border already :)


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Wanda Joy has been on fire!

 Since our return to the valley of the sun, my longarm has been on fire! It has been too hot to go outside, so I practice my FMQ. First up w...