Friday, August 12, 2011

Changing Gears

I realized that I have an appointment with a machine quilter at the end of September, so I figured I had better change gears and get back to some hand applique.
Here is the last block for Autumn Houses by Bunnyhill.
The shapes are all pressed and glued down and now I just have a few hours of hand sewing to do.  Most of the other blocks are done.  Still have to finish the willow tree in the top row, a maple leaf in another block and some embroidery.  Then I can piece them together and add the borders.
Needless to say, finishing this one has become my top priority.

Hiked the Highline trail on Thursday and was treated to an afternoon thunderstorm; but before the rain and hail started, I was able to capture pics of 5 new wildflowers for identification.
Amazingly, 3 of them were variations of the Gentian family.
All of the pictures were cataloged on my wildflower pages, but I had to share this one of the Fringed Gentian.
These were only about 6" tall. 

We head home to Arizona on Monday.  The kids and their significant others are coming with us on a diving vacation.  I have all the blocks for my 1880 sampler set up for automatic postings and hope it works correctly.  See you all in a few weeks.

17 comments:

  1. Your Bunny Hill quilt is lovely.

    Beautiful pictures of the wildflowers.

    Have wonderful time with your family!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is amazing!!
    The little flower is precious.
    Have safe travels home and then enjoy the time with your family :)
    Have a wonderful weekend, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's something else I was going to do but haven't! Your looks lovely - a real autumn feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt and flowers are beautiful! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Autumn Houses blocks are looking wonderful!! this will be a gorgeous quilt!!!
    Thankyou for another amazing floral photo, they are the sweeting little flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Opps! a typo !! I mean the 'sweetest little flowers'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl... Autumn Houses looks fantastic!
    Beautiful wildflowers, too. Nice photo!
    Catch up with you in a few weeks... have fun!
    ...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic applique quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The quilt is going to be awesome!! It will be ready for the quilters in no time.

    Have fun diving!! It sounds a little scary to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable, Cheryl. I've been huge fan of Bunny Hill designs in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your vacation :-) It sounds like so much fun! Your Autumn Houses are looking wonderful. I'm working on some appliqué right now also. I'm having a hard time with it, so I can really respect how amazing yours looks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheryl, that quilt is so cute. I haven't see that pattern before. I love squirrels and collect squirrel things, so I may have to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Autumn House quilt is glorious. Those houses look so inviting that I just want to come right in! Wonderful job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Bunnyhill applique is wonderful, I love the fall colours and the squirrels are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my that Fringed Gentian is beautiful~!!~ small and delicate and somehow reminding me of an iris . . .
    great photo work~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheryl, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Henrietta ~ Someday...
    ~ Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...