Monday, March 1, 2021

Time Keeps on Slipping, Slipping into the Future.

The title of my post is from a favorite Steve Miller band song.
I guess I am dating myself!
My granddaughters turned 5 and 9 in February.
Where did the time go? 

My daughter had a small family only party for them.
These are my grands +1 cousin.

I got my first vaccine shot without an issue 
and to celebrate I put pandemic purple highlights in my hair.
It was a fun experiment and is fading fast.
It will be a one and done though...
too long in the salon chair and too expensive.
Just going to have to let those grays shine through!

My back and neck issues are resolving slowly, so not much sewing going on.

This is Carrot Sticks by the Pattern Basket.
It will be for my DIL's seasonal quilt wall.

Quilted one block of my Year of Stars quilt by Natalia Bonner today.
Learning lots from her free Youtube videos and her Patreon page.

I have been able to do a little hand stitching on my Making Waves by Ariane Zurcher.
This is my favorite corner of the project.
I went rogue on these 2 shapes.
I wanted them to look like the shore of the ocean after a wave.
The cream shapes in the blue look so much like seafoam;
however, I see the ocean in almost everything.

And I am so excited about the future...
a trip to Sanibel Island with my daughter for Mother's Day and to see my sister.
Then off to Santa Fe for a week seminar with Sue Spargo.
It will feel so good to live a somewhat normal life for a change!








4 comments:

  1. Cute little crew of grands!
    And I love the idea of Pandemic Purple. :)
    The carrot quilt turned out very whimsical and fun looking.
    Your quilting on that block looks incredible!
    Your embroidery/stitching projects always leave me in awe.
    BTW, I was singing along before I even finished reading the post title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable birthday bunch and awesome cake. Carrot Sticks is a super cute pattern. You had a good selection of orange fabric. But the real cream of the crop is your Making Waves. Incredible. Sounds like you have some fun adventures planned for the coming months. My daughter was married on Sanibel and I'm actually heading to Santa Fe the beginning of June. Have fun experiencing normal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ran into your blog (avid quilter here!)...the title grabbed me, but I don't think that's an Eagles tune...but Steve Miller. Not calling you out, we're the same age, and I'm sticking around to read your blog. Just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy sewing!! Awesome! Love your hair too. You have some wonderful things to look forward to, That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...