Tuesday, November 16, 2021

This, That and Thanksgiving Wishes

Happy to report that my nephew and his wife loved the quilt!
And I spent a lovely 4 days enjoying a long overdue visit with my sister and a trip to the ocean.

Halloween is a big deal in our family.
My son lives on Phantom Way and every year goes all out with the decorations.
And everyone dresses up.
I was Jane Goodall...lol!



Cannot help but share pics of my grandkids.

Wanda Joy and I have been busy as usual:
 A Christmas gift for my son's family 
quilted with an E2E design called Swirly Snowflakes.

I custom quilted this for my friend, Deb.
When I saw she was piecing it,
I requested to quilt it for her so I could practice my open space design work.
The center I copied from Linda Hrcka of the Quilted Pineapple,
but the borders were my own design.
Next week, I will be taking an online class from Angela Walters on feathers.

Even though the strength in my hand has not returned,
I have attempted to do some hand stitching.
Progress on my mini Folk Tails.
I love the Baobob tree! 
It is from Sue Spargo's new book, 
Forest for the Trees.
This is all I want to work on now! 
It is so fun to remember our trip as I design my piece.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
May your dressing be tasty.
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes and gravy 
have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
and your pies take the prize.
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
stay off your thighs!

But most of all,
may your home be filled with the warmth of loved ones.

Yes, I googled Thanksgiving wishes.
And I still have not been able to pass the torch...
I will be doing the cooking.




 





 

2 comments:

  1. The baby quilt turned out so cute.
    The grandchildren and their costumes are adorable.
    Tour custom quilting is stunning. Confession--I have copied some of Linda's quilting a time or two. :)
    Love your folk tails piece!
    Your Thanksgiving wish made me smile.
    I'm doing most of the cooking, too, though my younger sister is helping. Lots of work ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folk Tails is lovely and will make an awesome memory of your trip. Ha. Great Thanksgiving wish! No Turkey for us, mushroom risotto this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...