I spent the last two days challenging myself and striking another project off my UFO/WIP list!!
I machine quilted this top for a friend to help raise funds for breast cancer research.
The challenge was to replicate the quilting that had already been done.
The pre-existing quilting was little ribbons with roses in the middle of them.
I used freezer paper to draw a replica, made several copies and then ironed them randomly over the quilt top. I then free motioned around the shapes, connecting them with a little flourish. This is a technique I have adapted from Mary Mashuta. She uses freezer paper templates and a walking foot, but why not use the templates to make my free motion shapes more consistent. This isn't the first time I have used this technique and it will not be the last.
I made one more CW block, but I am still behind! My friend, Doreen, from Aunt Reen's Place, placed my past blocks in a quilt block grid for me. I'll have to get it posted to my sidebar.
Next up is to set all the blocks for my album quilt.
I'm making progress...and the list is getting smaller.