Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Christmas Throughout the Year

I still have not spent much time in my sewing room of late,
 but do have a few additions for my Christmas Through the Year box.
 Partly, because I have managed to get myself hooked on Pinterest. 
A person can bounce a sleeping baby and surf the net at the same time!
 I resisted; 
but once I found some wonderful links to quilt inspiration, holiday decor, and recipes,
 I succumbed.
Hence,
this cute pincushion.  
You can see all the cute pincushions I have found HERE.
 A few more wool embellishments and he will go in my gift giving box for Christmas. 
My friend Kimber, over at Heirlooms by Ashton House, helped me with the pattern for the owl. I did change it up a bit to make him taller and then I found a free tutorial for a chunky square pincushion by Heather Bailey.  All he needs now are some cute decorative pins.
I would love to make a few these little embroidery and rick rack embellished pin pouffes.
Just need to find a tutorial.  
I have seen a tuna can pincushion tutorial, so I wonder if you could use the same technique with bottle caps to make them miniature?? I did find this tutorial on how to embellish them.

I have finished a few more stockings from Primitive Gatherings
and like this idea for them.

When I do have the motivation, 
I am still working on these.
We are expecting a barrage of out of town guest starting on Easter weekend, so I will not say my goal is to finish my sampler by the end of March. 
Perhaps April?

Stop over at Darlene's and check out what everyone else has added to their gift giving stash.

15 comments:

  1. That pincushion is absolutely adorable, Cheryl. I hope you find a tutortial for the others - they are so sweet.

    And, of course I love your stockings!

    Give that baby a little hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your pincushions Cheryl , the Christmas stockings and what a great idea for the holiday table . I am also hooked on pinterest it gives me lots of inspiration .

    Hugs & Kisses for your baby !

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your owly pincushion and i linked over to your pinterest page to see the others. what a fabulous array of inspiration it is~!!~ that pear pincushion really grabbed my attention. cute stuff~!

    your stockings look wonderful and i have to agree with you in regards to the table setting idea. very clever.

    it's good to see you post your newest goodies. take good care and enjoy that baby~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little owl pincushion is precious! I love what you are doing with the Christmas stockings - sure beat wrapping the silverware in napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pincushion is really darling!
    Really like the stockings as table decor with Silverware in them too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl pincushion is the cutest! He turned out so well! Nice job! What a clever use for the PG stockings. Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Owl pincushion is so cute! Are those glass buttons for his/her eyes? The pin pouffes look to be fun to make. All are so springtime. Perfect use for your wonderful stockings. Lots of eye candy.

    Speaking of HST, I have some tricks I came up with to make them a little easier/faster that I will share later. I am off to teach a class this morning - on HSTs :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The owl pincushion is adorable! Are those buttons for the eyes?
    The stockings are so sweet - I think I like the candy cane one the best.
    Glad you are finding some time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love the owl on his cushion pincushion!! So cute! I enjoyed some of the pincushion eyecandy too from the link you gave, such a lovely lot of inspiration there!!!
    Love your Christmas stockings, your good to start now, I'm afraid I'm still getting used to the New Year, much less next Chritmas LOL!!!! Have a great Easter, stay safe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little pincushions. So many creative ideas.
    A;ways grateful for some new and attractive Christmas ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The owl pincushion is so cute! Your stockings are beautiful, great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that owl pincushion is great. so are all the other gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest owl I have seen. He looks sooo comfortable and he is just the perfect shape. Your little stockings are lovely. That is a good idea to use them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute projects/ideas! I love the mini stocking idea for place settings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable! You have been busy! I too can get pulled in to Pinterest. I-must-stay-away.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...