Saturday, March 19, 2011

Doll Quilt Exchange

I received my doll quilt from Lisa of Stray Threads yesterday.
I simply adore it!
She even took the time to hand quilt it.
I don't have a doll bed, so the only doll I have from my childhood (she is a Hawaiian doll given to me by my grandmother--her grass skirt has disintegrated over the years) proudly took possession of the quilt.  Since she is lacking in apparel, the quilt will keep her warm and I will be shopping for a doll bed for the two of them while antique shopping this summer.
Thank you, thank you Lisa for this lovely doll quilt and thank you again to Christine for organizing the exchange.
This is a lopsided picture of the quilt I sent Lisa.
It was my attempt to reproduce a doll quilt in the Mary Ghormley collection from a picture I had seen.

Now back to the sewing machine.  It is National Quilters Day and I am 2 blocks behind in my Barbara Brackman Civil War BOTW.

18 comments:

  1. You both did each other proud with your beauitful doll quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you that you have a doll from your childhood. Both quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you that you have a doll from your childhood. Both quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both doll quilts are wonderful! This was a fun exchange. Your grandmother would be thrilled that the little doll she gave you has a new quilt!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed seeing both of them! I just love little quilts PERIOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little quilts! Love the border fabric on both of them.
    Your post yesterday got me going on a charity quilt last night. Always makes me feel good to work on those. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky little dolly (and Cheryl) - that little quilt is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts are adorable and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both doll quilts are beautiful. Now you have an excuse to buy a doll bed. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great quilts! I always enjoy making small quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of those little doll quilts are wonderful ! Hope you find the perfect doll bed this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both quilts are beautiful! Your little doll will now be kept nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are both so lucky to receive such gorgeous little quilts.
    Yours is lovely Cheryl, your colours are warm and welcoming and your borders are strong but not dominating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilts! The doll looks like fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these quilts are just the sweetest. How lucky you both are to have received such little beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheryl, glad you liked the quilt. How wonderful to have a doll from childhood! I'm not sure mine lasted too long. Thank you so much for my quilt. It is right at home here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...