Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm a guest blogger over at Sew We Quilt @ Stash Manicure

Yes, even though I had to endure bonehead English in college, I am a guest blogger over at Sew We Quilt @ Stash Manicure!
Probably the scariest thing I have done in recent years, besides get my scuba certification.
Big hugs to M. Samm for even considering me for this honor!
And a bigger hug to my editor-in-chief, Rosie, for giving me my lead in lines.
My focus is charitable donations and the tutorial I provided is geared towards FAST, FUN, and NO FUSS quilt piecing.  I know, so out of the box for me, the precision piecer, but I did have a blast putting the quilt together.  I had so much fun that I have started another one that is red, white and blue and will go to the Quilts of Valor organization. I would encourage you to collect those orphan fabrics and make a quilt designated for a charitable organization of your choice.  There are so many of them out there that would love your contribution, no matter how humble.

In other news, I finished a doll quilt from Kathleen Tracy's new book, The Civil War Sewing Circle.  It is her Shoofly Doll Quilt.
I also bound my Calico Comfort quilt and can take it off my UFO/WIP priority list.
Now on to the next project~
perhaps my album quilt, now that I have all the 'out of town' signatures collected.


18 comments:

  1. Well.. congrats on that! I'll be sure to check it out and read what you have to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Cheryl quite an honour!!!
    Your Shoofly Doll quilt, is just wonderful, I saw it on Kathy's group site. Love the fabrics, as I do your Calico Comfort quilt. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your quilts today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Cheryl. Thanks for the eye candy this morning! That shoofly is adorable and love the variety in the Calico Comfort. Great post at Sew We Quilt! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are beautiful. Great guest blog over at Stash Manicure! Love the pattern and thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes and congrats on the quest blogger post! I'm off to read now....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Cheryl!

    All of your doll quilts are lovely! That little Shoofly is great. Colors and the prints are delightful!

    Now, I'm going to read Stash Manicure!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely quilts finished! Congratulations!

    I have supported Q of V with quilts. It's a great organization.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am all about Fast, Fun and Easy quilts for charity. Thank you for sharing.The little Shoofly is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilts - very sweet, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Cheryl ! Your doll quilts are just the sweetest ! Love them !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Cheryl. Congratulations. Love your quilts.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation, I saw the post and it's perfect for every kind of quilter.
    Always I love your quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both quilts are wonderful. So perfect.
    You did a great post at Sew We Quilt. I really did enjoyd reaing it :-).
    Have a nice weekend, dear blogfriend.
    Hugs,
    Anne-Mette

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOU were a hit, are a hit, and if ever want to return you will be met with the same applause..love your other quilts too..blessings ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific project at Stash Manicure for a most worthy cause. Your signature black touches are dynamite! My new favorite word - pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just catching up with blog posts and congratulations on a great post for Stash Manicure. The pattern could definitely come in useful for a fast and eye catching project. Your Shoo Fly quilt showcases a lovely combination of fabrics. Quite different in character to the Calico Comfort but no less attractive. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Shoefly quilt and Calico Comfort! You did a great job on your fabric selections. What is the pink fabric you used in the Shoefly quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...