Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blogging is the Best!

One of the things I like best about blogging is all the new people you can meet from all over the world.  I received these pictures of Nive's 1880 Sampler blocks today.  Nive lives in a small town in the Dolomite Mountains in Italy.  She is doing a fabulous job and is using fabrics from her stash.
Then...
a surprise squishy package arrives in the mail from Heather over at Creative Confessions.
She is teasing me with these lovely precut hexagons and the precut paper templates.  I imagine she expects to see my first hexie soon.  We are going on a little getaway (far, far away from my sewing machine...sigh) and so a handwork project seems to be in order.

Just about done with the first experimental Shamrock...
more a four leaf clover...
but it has to be March before I can share!

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to get surprises in the mail? I look forward to see what you do with them!!! Have a great get-a-away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've met so many wonderful friends through blogging. I can't wait to see the green, is it Mar yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nive's blocks are beautiful! Have fun with the hexies. Can't wait to see the shamrock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl ~ I'm working on a Shamrock too. Why is it our quilt leanings seem to cross paths all the time ? Some day we will meet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hexies are perfect for a getaway project. Heather didn't forget to include the black.
    Nive's blocks look great.
    Have an enjoyable "getaway".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Nive's blocks...beautiful! Enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee, how can you say no to the hexagons?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man...here I saw a new post and thought I'd get to see the Shamrock! I'll be away for several days....so may be way late in commenting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice of Heather to send you some hexagons. Soon you will be addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh her blocks are beautiful!
    ok, so its march can't wait to see!!!!
    I have still not joined in on the hexie fever in blogland!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you find making hexies as relaxing as I do. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cheryl! I'm glad everything arrived safely! Enjoy your getaway and don't hurry to start the hexies, if you have something else you planned to take with you, go ahead... The hexies will be just as inviting when you get back! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time! Hexies... another project on THE list! Lovely fabrics, too. And Nive's sampler blocks are beautiful! ...Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...