4 ounces tomato-basil feta cheese
juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
organic chicken broth
5 oz package of organic baby spinach
2 cloves of garlic, minced
10-15 bite-size tomatoes cut in half or 1 tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons of flour
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. paprika
olive oil and butter
- On a large plate, combine the flour with the 3 spices listed below it. Set aside.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil to a skillet. Heat and add the minced garlic. Toss in the spinach and saute until wilted. Transfer to a bowl and add diced tomatoes.
- Add the lemon juice to the feta cheese and mash up. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast and stuff with this mixture.
- Dredge in the flour mixture and then brown on all sides in a mixture of olive oil and 1 tbsp. of butter. Transfer to an ovenproof baking dish.
- Add another tbsp of olive oil and of butter to the saute pan. Add enough of the flour mixture to make a roue. Cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Make sure the pan is not too hot and then add enough chicken broth to the roue to make a nice sauce. Add a drop or two of Kitchen Bouquet for color and flavor. Add the spinach and tomato mixture. Season to taste with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Pour over the prepared chicken breasts and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear.
I have served this flavorful dish with couscous and steamed broccoli.
I cook without really measuring anything, so I apologize for the vague measurements. As my hubbie say, "Nothing every comes out the same twice."
Enjoy! And this is an all time record: 3 posts in one day. I need some wheels!