Saturday, October 23, 2010

First JPN Block

We have received a fair amount of rain here in the desert southwest in the last month. As a result, the desert sage is ablaze with purple flowers. Driving through neighborhoods, it is fun to see the manicured bushes laden with their purple blush.
I could not stop myself.  I had to make my first 6" finished block from Just Plain Nuts. There seems to be a fair amount of interest in this quilt, so I am seeking permission from Liz Lois to run a blog group similar to the yahoo groups that form.
We will see what happens.
I'll also be searching for the perfect aqua setting fabric.

Don't forget to keep me posted on your progress with your SAL quilts. Who will be first to send me pictures of all their blocks set and which setting will they choose?
I am making progress on my Kim Diehl applique quilt. I should have all the shapes prepped and glued down by the end of the weekend.  I want to get started on several things in her new book, but have told myself I cannot start them until this one is ready to go to the quilter!
Don't put money on it! Remember, I am easily lead astray!

Today is relandscaping day in my front courtyard.
 I love to work in the yard and then see the fruits of my labours.
Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...