Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Quickie!

My dear friend, Kay, finished her SAL quilt. She doesn't normally work with reproduction fabrics, but I think she did a grand job with the colors in this one.  The most important thing is that she had fun with it and will be back for more!
My morning coffee had me piecing Block #1 for the Paris in Fall BOM. This block measures 14 1/2" square. Big for me! I love the deep, rich colors in this line of fabric.  The kits for the BOM are available here.
I'm off there now to teach, my favorite thing to do.

4 comments:

  1. Kay's SAL quilt is beautiful. I hope to finish mine in the next week or so. Love the colors you used for Block #1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Kay - your quilt looks Terrific!

    What a pretty block.....14" must seem monsterous after working on all those 4" blocks.
    Love your fabric choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block#1. I like the colour combo.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, I love the new BOM. Looked for it, but couldn't find. The colors are super rich.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...