Saturday, October 2, 2010

Look at what I snagged over at Anka's Treasures. It is all part of the designer blog hop. I have really enjoyed the projects and the theme based posts.  Today is decorating and I love to peek into other people's homes to see how they decorate, especially for Fall. It is the one season I still try to put a few things out for. 
I will be sans sewing machine next week and I think Heather's free project will be the perfect thing to keep me busy. I have really gotten addicted to wool in the last year!

What does that mean for you all?  You will have time to catch up on your miniature blocks and start considering how you will set them. 
I will try to finish the quilt before I leave and post the instructions for #12, then Bernie will head for a check up and a good cleaning.  I will head to Colorado and hope to find a least one pumpkin in my patch. 
When I return, I will start posting the setting instructions.
These are Elin's blocks.  When a follower of Elin's blog, Satu, saw them, she joined too and plans to make them with Julie Hendrickson's Miniatures.  If you have not seen that line of fabrics, they are charming in their soft, textural browns and pinks.  A perfect choice for this project.

When I first started blogging, I had expressed the hope that it would help me 'finish' things.  I think I lost sight of that goal.  I have been swept up in the tidal wave of blog hops and blog giveaways.  I took a step back yesterday, after 50% of the blogs I follow where about nothing else but giveaways, and decided to return to my original plan. 

So I took stock of what I have accomplished, and really, with all the distractions, I have been making steady progress. Over the last 3 nights, I bound the sampler quilt for the cover of my Piecing 101 manual, my Autumn's Bounty is ready for a quilter, and several other smaller projects have made it to the finish line.

What I have neglected is my Kim Diehl applique quilt.  The lonely strips of homespun still hang on the design wall. I planned to enter it in next year's AQG quilt show.  If that is still my objective, I need to get busy. 
I have just put myself on notice that IT is my highest priority.
Now let's see if that works!

I look forward to some fresh mountain air next week and hikes amongst the golden Aspen trees.  Of course, my new, bright green laptop will make the journey with me, and if our internet service is alive and kicking, I will share some pictures! 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and come back with lots of inspiration and wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that little pumpkin penny mat is adoreable~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have gotten lost the last couple of days especially in the Land of Blog. I was able to complete two more SAL blocks today - maybe I can get all caught up since you will be away - lol! Have a wonderful trip. I look forward to seeing all of the pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Love any comments you wish to share.

Fell Off the Wagon

 It was bound to happen. I had stuck to my guns until I saw Laundry Basket Quilts' pattern, Alaska Magic. I told myself,  "It is te...